Ottawa Drug Offence Lawyers
Drug offences are serious crimes. These charges carry some of the strictest penalties, and even include mandatory minimum jail sentences in some cases. Drug offences are governed by the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, not the Criminal Code.
If you have been charged with a criminal drug offence, you need an experienced Ottawa drug offence lawyer. The lawyers of Abergel Goldstein & Partners LLP have years of experience defending clients charged with drug offences, and we have helped countless clients charged with drug offences obtain excellent results.
Some of the more common drug offences include:
- Give drugs to another person for safe keeping.
- Give drugs to another person, who intends to use the drugs.
- Assist with or negotiate the sale of drugs.
- Offer to sell drugs.
- Purchase drugs from one person with the intention of reselling them to others.
- Offer to deliver drugs.
- Offer to sell drugs to others they know are not real drugs.
Every case is different. There are a number of defences that can be raised if you have been charged with a drug offence. Our law firm is experienced defending those charged with drug offences. Contact Abergel Goldstein & Partners LLP at 613-235-9779 to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced Ottawa drug defence lawyers today.
CRIMINAL LAWYERS BASED IN OTTAWA
A meeting won’t cost you anything. We’re happy to sit down with you and discuss your needs.